There are so many reasons for youth to volunteer!
By serving with YVC, you can:
- Take action and make a difference.
- Increase your competitiveness for getting scholarships and getting into college.
- Meet youth from other communities who you may never meet otherwise.
- Learn valuable skills, from framing walls to tutoring children to leading projects.
- Discover your strengths, abilities and interests.
- Earn community service hours.
- Do rewarding work that helps meet your community’s needs.
- Help design and run unique service projects.
- Develop the teamwork, leadership, flexibility, and other skills you need for a job.
- Have fun!
- Be part of the solution.
By serving with YVC, your kids can:
- Develop a lifetime ethic of service.
- Build genuine self-confidence.
- Develop the teamwork, leadership, flexibility, and other skills they need for a job.
- Gain a greater understanding and appreciation for diversity.
- Feel great about themselves and what they accomplished.
- Grow into thoughtful, active, well-informed adults.
- Get outside their comfort zone.
- Gain new insight into what they might want to study or do for a career.
- Learn to empathize with others.
- Develop a strong work ethic. Stay occupied year-round with challenging service that teaches them something.
- Meet other youth and adults from all walks of life, promoting communication skills and breaking down stereotypes.